- 77 Sunset Strip (submitted by Gene)
- Season 2, Episode 28 (The Legend of Crystal Dart): Mentions Beloit, WI.
- 90210 (Original
series) (submitted by Barry W)
- Jim and Cindy (Brandon's mom and dad) were
originally from Minnesota and talk about beer runs to Wisconsin.
- A Christmas Story Live! (submitted by Kyletall)
- A Minute with Stan Hooper
- Set in Waterford Falls, WI (a fictional city).
- A Whole New Ballgame
- Abandoned (new TV series on National Geographic)
- Episode 3 - the TV show goes to Milwaukee in search of lost treasures
at the Pabst Blue Ribbon factory.
- Adventure in Dairyland
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (submitted by Anthony)
- Episode called The N-Men: Sheen has super speed and
runs to use the bathroom. Upon his return, he says,"Milwaukee has
remarkably clean bathrooms!"
- Alf (submitted by Chris C)
- Sang "On Wisconsin" during an episode.
- Alias (Season 3)
- Will Tippen is in witness protection in Wisconsin
- Aliens in America
- Set in Chippewa Falls, WI.
- Amazing Race, The (submitted by Amy R)
- The 2012 winners of The Amazing Race are from Madison,
- Other competitors have been from WI as well.
- Americans, The
- Season 3, Ep 2: Lizz and Philip are at a bar and the
waitress reads off the list of beers, including Stevens Point beer.
- American Crime (submitted
- Season 2, Ep 8: One
of the characters is from Milwaukee. He mentions it in a scene. In the
previous episode, the same character is shown in his office where a
Wisconsin certificate is hanging on the wall.
- American Dreamer
- American Horror Story (submitted by LizzM)
- Season 1, Episode 8: They mention Wisconsin in this
- American Horror Story: Coven
- Episode 1: There is a reference to the University of
- American Horror Story: Cult
- Episode 1: References Wisconsin multiple times because
of the election.
- Episode 3: References Wisconsin
- Episode 7: Mentions Milwaukee and also shows an image
of the state of Wisconsin.
- American Horror Story: Freak Show
- Episode 7 called "Test of Strength": Jimmy
talks about camping in Wisconsin.
- American Horror Story: Hotel
- Episode 4 featured Jeffrey Dahmer and he introduces
himself and says he's from Milwaukee.
- Episode 12 includes Jeffrey Dahmer again and there are
multiple references to Milwaukee.
- Anger Management (TV Series) - (submitted by
- In the show's second episode, a woman from Beloit, WI
meets with Charlie Sheen's character (Dr. Charlie Goodson) to talk about
her anger from a one night stand she had with a minor league baseball
player in Beloit. The minor league baseball player was Goodson.
- S2, Ep 2: Ricky Jerret and his friends talk about the
Greeb Bay Packers and Aaron Rodgers.
- S1, Ep 6: The Rock's character throws a football and
says he has a "cannon like Rodgers." He was referring to Aaron
Rodgers of the GB Packers.
- S1, Ep 2: Ricky
Jerret mentions Green Bay and the Lambeau Leap.
- S1, Ep 1:
- One of the players (Ricky Jerret) in the TV show
plays for the Packers. He calls the Packers GM and you see the GM and
other Packers personnel in a boardroom with the Packers logo on the
- Mark Schlereth is on TV talking about the Packers
cutting Ricky Jerret.
- Better Call Saul
- Season 3, Ep 1: There's Green Bay Packers stuff
displayed in the junkyard office that Mike goes to. (submitted by Kyletall)
- Season 1, Ep 10: Jimmy says his mother was from
- Season 1, Ep 1: Jimmy references Old Milwaukee beer.
- Better Off Ted
- Makes multiple references to WI, especially WI cheese.
- Big Bang Theory, The (submitted
by Nicky and Kyletall)
- Season 8, Ep 16 (The Intimacy
Acceleration): Sheldon asks Penny if they were to get married would
she drive him to Geneva, Wisconsin for Gary Con.
- Season 9, Ep 11: Sheldon
and Amy sleep together in this episode. Sheldon was contemplating sending
Amy to Wisconsin for a festival as her birthday gift.
- B.J. and the Bear (submitted by RachelP)
- Blacklist, The
- Season 3, Ep 2: Red talks about triplets from
- Boardwalk Empire
- Season 2, Ep 7: Agent Nelson's wife Rose leaves
him and goes to visit an aunt in Milwaukee (submitted by kyletall)
- The girl that Jimmy is with in Chicago says she is
from Star Prairie, WI
- Richard Harrow (guy with the mask) talks about being
- Season 4, Ep 1: A guy that Richard Harrow kills says
"I take orders from Milwaukee"
- Season 4, Ep 6: Little boy says that Richard Harrow is
back from Wisconsin.
- Season 4, Ep 12: Multiple mentions of Wisconsin.
Richard Harrow is supposed to take a train to WI to be with Julia and
- Boy Meets World (submitted
- Season 7, Ep 14: Eric wants to work with his dad in an
outdoor supply store, but his dad tells him to go work in a meat packing
plant in Wisconsin.
- Breaking Bad
- Hank says Walt has a brain the size of Wisconsin.
Early Season 1? (submitted by smellycow)
- Season 2, Ep7: Raj announces that he got the announcer job in Milwaukee and will be working with Bob Uecker.
- Carbonaro Effect, The (submitted by RachelP)
- Season 1, Episode called "Got the Bug Out":
Michael Carbonaro says that a beer is from Milwaukee.
- Caroline in the City
- Lea Thompson’s character is
from Peshtigo, WI
- Filmed in Milwaukee
- Catfish (submitted
- Season 4, Episode 1: Set in Milwaukee, WI.
- Set in Plainsville, WI (a fictional city).
- Community (submitted
- Episode called "Analysis for Cork-Based
Networking" talks about a horrible Bear attack at a child's birthday
party in Wisconsin.
- Corner Gas (Canadian comedy)
- Has an episode with a lost American from Wisconsin
- Criminal Minds (submitted by Angi)
- Did an episode in Milwaukee
- Has made multiple references to Wisconsin and serial
killers from WI.
- Danny Phantom
- Mentions Wisconsin a lot
- Vlad Plasmius (character in the show) is from Green
- Season 5, Ep 8: When Lumen meets with her ex,
they mention a beer run in Madison, WI. (submitted by ShaneG)
- Season 5, Ep 7: A missing person from Wisconsin is
mentioned. (submitted by SamM)
- Drake and Josh
- Mentions Wisconsin occasionally
- Entourage (submitted
- Season 6, Ep 8 (The Sorking Notes): Vince is worried he has a stalker and hires a security
team. They ask if he knows a Curtis Tucker and shows him a drivers
license from Wisconsin.
- There are multiple references to Milwaukee and Kenosha
during seasons 1 and 2 as Dr. Greene and his wife were considering a move
to Milwaukee and eventually agreed on Kenosha because it was in between
Milwaukee and Chicago.(submitted by Moviestar)
- Fairly OddParents, The (submitted
- Timmy Turner wishes Trixie would be in love with him.
His wish is granted and a line of boys appears at her door in love with
her. The first one exclaims HE is Timmy Turner from Pewaskum, Wisconsin.
- Family Guy (submitted
by Sam M)
- Season 13, Ep 16: One of the characters says they like
the Green Bay Packers.
- Fargo (TV Series)
- Season 3, Ep 1: One of the characters talks about a
tournament in upper Wisconsin.
- Season 2, Ep 9: A book about Mid West crime shows
Wisconsin on one of the pages.
- Season 1, Ep 2: Mentions WI when the grocery king
talks about expanding his stores into WI.
- Fonz and the Happy Days Gang, The (submitted by
- Friday Night Lights (TV Series)
- Coach Taylor says “I stole it from the Green Bay
- Guy in charge of school newspaper said he worked at
the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Season 1, Ep 7 "The One With The Blackout":
They're talking about the weird place they did it, and Phoebe says
Milwaukee. (submitted by Kyletall)
- Episode "The One With the Rumor". It's
Thanksgiving and they are watching the Packers vs. Lions football game on
TV. Brad Pitt guest stars on this episode as well. (submitted by
- Fry's mom is a huge Badger fan and multiple references
are made to him going to the future the eve of the Badgers playing in the
Rose Bowl (submitted by smellycow)
- Fry's mom also wears a cheesehead from time to time.
- George Wendt Show, The
- Girls (submitted
- Season 2, Ep 1: Ray (Alex Karpovsky) wears a Alexander
Middle School Nekoosa, Wisconsin shirt to Hannah's party.
- Glee (submitted
- Season 5, Episode "Old Dog New Tricks":
someone talks about the Milwaukee Theater of the Round.
- Go On
- Pilot episode mentions the Green Bay Packers.
- Good Wife, The (submitted by Kyletall and
- Season 5, Episode 9 (Whack-A-Mole): A client was
being questioned about his visit to Milwaukee.
- Season 3, Episode 3 (Get a room): Eli Gold is
asked to represent the Wisconsin state dairy guild.
- Season 2, Episode 6 (Poisoned Pill): Testimony hinges
on a therapist who moved to Wisconsin after a scandal.
- Happy Days TV Series
- Helix (submitted
- S1, Ep5: mentions a study by the University of WI.
- Season 5, Ep 8: Allison Carr says she is from
- Houdini (Miniseries on History Channel) (submitted by Kyletall)
- As a child Houdini lived in Appleton, Wisconsin.
- House of Cards
- Season 5, Ep 5: Lots of mentions of Wisconsin in this
- Season 4, Ep 11: Governor Conway visits a
Wisconsin farm while on the campaign trail.
- How I Met Your Mother (submitted by Patrick M)
- When living at home after his father dies, Marshall is
on the phone with Robin who is mocking his need to answer the call in
Call Waiting, and he says "we have manners, not like those
- Season 2, Ep 11 (iGive Away a Car): Car salesman says
he's from Wisconsin. (submitted
by my awesome daughter Kate)
- "iRue the Day" episode references WI when
Carly says "Hello, people of Earth, Jupiter, and
by my awesome daughter Kate)
- "iFind Lewbert's Lost Love" episode mentions
Wisconsin multiple times. (submitted by my awesome daughter Lizz)
- "iDo" episode has multiple mentions of
Wisconsin. They go to a wedding in Wisconsin and talk about Wisconsin
- An episode mentions a male fan from Wisconsin who sent
in 2000 emails.
- Impractical Jokers
- January 2013 Episode - One of the guys was pretending
to be a personal trainer and created a move called the Wisconsin
- In Treatment (TV Series)
- Young girl (Sophie) that the psychiatrist is treating
mentions something about farming in Wisconsin.
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (submitted
- Season 2, Ep 5: Charlie (Charlie Day) wears an
Antigo Wrestling Club t-shirt
- Season 4, Ep 1 and Season 5, Ep 1: Mac (Rob
McElhenney) wears a Harry's Tavern Three Lakes WI t-shirt
- Season 9, Ep 3: Mac (Rob McElhenney) wears a Wisconsin
State Football Championships t-shirt
- Season 11, Ep 5: Mac is wearing
a Milwaukee Journal's Run shirt.
- Jim Gaffigan Show, The
- Season 2, Ep 1: There's a flashback to Milwaukee in
- Key and Peele
- In the East West Bowl Game skit, one of the players
with the name D'Glester Hardunkichud says he is
from University of Wisconsin.
- Las Vegas - (submitted by John Berg)
- Several references to WI, including Waukesha
- Laverne and Shirley
- Set in Milwaukee with many mentions of Milwaukee.
- Laverne & Shirley in the Army (submitted by Kyletall)
- They leave Milwaukee to join the army
- Law and Order - (submitted by John Berg)
- Has several references to WI
- Law and Order: Criminal Intent (submitted by Erin S)
- Season 1, Ep 11: A suspect was previously arrested in
- League, The
- Season 7, Ep 4: Randall Cobb from the Packers appears
on the show and they talk about Aaron Rodgers.
- Season 7, Ep 2: They talk about a Cheeze-A-Palooza
event in Wisconsin.
- Season 6, Ep 10: Reference to Eddie Lacy and the
- Season 6, Ep 9: Lots of references to the Packers and
- Season 6, Ep 6: Kevin's doctor says he is heading up
to Lake Geneva.
- Ruxin says that his sister is from Milwaukee.
- Many mentions of football players from the Green Bay
- Lie to Me
- Season 2, Episode 8 (Secret Santa)
- At the beginning of the episode, they say that two
Marines are missing and one of them is Lt. Williams from
Wisconsin. (submitted by Moviestar)
- Life with Louie
- Set in Cedar Knoll, WI (a fictional city).
- Liv and Maddie (submitted by Kate M)
- Disney sitcom set in Stevens Point, WI.
- Season 1, Ep 8: Walt investigates a cult. One of the
characters named October went missing from Madison, WI. (submitted
- Season 4, Ep 4: Longmire looks for a suspect with
a Wisconsin license (submitted
- Lost TV Series (season 3)
- Ethan Rom wears a Wisconsin sweatshirt
- Sang "On Wisconsin" in one episode
- Mad Men
- One of the main account guys said he went to school at
UW-Madison. (submitted by smellycow)
- Married With Children (submitted by Bob D)
- Peg's family is referenced as being from "Wanker
- Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (submitted by
- S2 Ep 13 "One of Us": The team goes to
Manitowoc, WI. Agent Coulson's home town.
- S2 Ep 18 "Frenemy of My Enemy": Cal takes
Skye to Milwaukee, WI to show her his hometown
- Melrose Place
- Alison Parker (Courtney Thorne-Smith) was from
Wisconsin in the show. In season 3, she travels to WI to files charges
against her father. (submitted by Bill E)
- Mind Games (submitted
- The Mind Games TV show references WI. Its main
characters Clark Edwards and Ross Edwards are said to be from WI. Clark's
girlfriend, Beth Scott, also lies to Clark by saying she is from WI.
- Mindy Project, The (submitted by Mrs. Kyletall)
- Season 2, Ep 14: Peter has a date with a
- Modern Family
- Season 8, Ep 5: Manny explains his Halloween costume
and talks about a Senator from Wisconsin.
- Mr. Selfridge (submitted by Kyletall)
- Harry Selfridge who founded Selfridges in London, was
born in Ripon, Wisconsin.
- Mozart in the Jungle (submitted by Kyletall)
- Season 4, Ep 1: Rodrigo doesn't believe Wisconsin is
the name of a state.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 (submitted by Kyletall)
- Season 1, Ep 1: "Manos: The Hands of
- While Joel, Tom, and Crow are watching the movie they
say "Filmed on location in Spooner, Wisconsin.
- Nathan For You
- Season 2, Episode 1: One of the people mentions
- NCIS Los Angeles (submitted by Nicky)
- In one episode they are tying to relocate a woman in
witness protection to Wisconsin. Some jokes about cheese are even
- Newsroom, The (HBO)
- Season 1 Ep 3 - Mentions the WI Governor (Scott
- Other episodes mention the 2011 protests at the State
Capitol and also Paul Ryan (US Senator)
- Season 2 Ep 6 - Mentions WI Governor Scott Walker.
- Season 2 Ep 9 - Mentions that Racine, WI ran out of
- News Radio TV Series
- Dave’s character is from WI
- Office, The (US version)
- Season 6, Ep 2: Andy talks about cheeses from
- Orange is the New Black (submitted by Kyletall)
- Season 4, Ep 1: Alex asks Lolli a question when
she's sleeping. Lolli responds by asking if they are still in Green Bay.
- Season 1, Ep 12: Piper's brother' fiance says that he is like the "f*#%ing
Jack Johnson of Wisconsin."
- Our Cartoon President
- Season 1, Ep 1: Donald Trump and Ivanka Trump both
- In the Pilot episode, the main character wears a
- Parks and Recreation (1/14/09)
- Leslie is set up with a blind date who says he went to
college at UW-Madison. (1/14/09)
- Chris' (Rob Lowe) mother lives in Wisconsin. (2/24/11)
- Ben Wyatt says not to mention the Green Bay Packers to
his dad. (Episode: "Ben's Parents" 11/8/12)
- Path, The
- Season 2, Ep 13: Abe/Sam talks about a girl who
disappeared from Wisconsin and joined Meyerism. His computer screen shows
a police report from the Milwaukee Police.
- Patriot (submitted
- Pilot Episode: John
Tavner, a covert agent, takes a job at a piping manufacturer in Milwaukee
in order to begin his undercover operation.
- Pawn Stars (submitted by Barry W)
- A couple was trying to sell a camera that was from the
- Petticoat Junction (1963-1970) - (submitted by John
- Mentions the Green Bay Packers
- Picket Fences (submitted by basementguerilla)
- Prison Break Season 2
- A murder took place in Algoma, WI
- Psych (submitted by Kyletall)
- Season 5, Ep 14: Shawn is asked what he would be
doing if he hadn't gone back home...He would be working for the Wiener
mobile in Madison.
- Season 2, Ep 5: Gus reminds Shawn that when they
were kids Shawn wanted to be the mascot for the Milwaukee Brewers because
it was the biggest sausage in the world.
- Raising Hope (submitted
by Brandon L)
- Season 4, Ep 19: Burt talks about how a man who
watched his and Virginia's sex tape would be "relaxing on the
beaches of Wisconsin."
- Raising Miranda
- Ray Donovan
- Season 2, Ep 12: During the horse race scene, there is
a guy wearing a Green Bay Packers shirt in the stands.
- Real World
- Many cast members from Wisconsin
- The "Being Irish" segment from the season
one finale mentions WI. Forrest's wife yells to the bar that he is not
Irish and he's from Wisconsin.
- Episode "One Riot, One Ranger": Aaron says
he used to run a schoolhouse in a settlement in Wisconsin. (submitted
- Maggie Foster (British doctor) tells a story of how
she wandered to Wisconsin where she planned to kill herself with poison
before being saved by Ben.
- There is a comment that one of the pendants was seen
heading East from Wisconsin. (Episode "Ties that bind")
- Rizzoli & Isles (submitted by Collin)
- Mentions Milwaukee and the Green Bay Packers when
referring to an all out fan.
- Robin Hood (Disney version)
- During the football scene, "On Wisconsin"
can be heard playing in the background.
- Roseanne (submitted
- Season 6, Ep 24: Jackie and Fred go to Lake
- Season 5, Ep 12: Becky gets stuck in Wisconsin
for the holidays.
- Saturday Night Live
- 3/17/18 Episode: Opening skit mentions
the Milwaukee Sheriff.
- 10/14/17 Episode: Kellyanne Conway IT
skit mentions Wisconsin.
- 4/8/17 Episode: Skit about a guy and his
sectional sofas includes a woman from Racine, WI.
- 3/5/16 Episode: Skit about a news
station from Fond Du Lac, WI. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWKD3EQ5jBY
- 1/16/16 Episode: There a skit about the
Green Bay Packers.
- 10/10/15 Episode: There was an airplane
skit and the plane was flying to Milwaukee, WI.
- 10/25/14 Episode: There was a skit
called Geoff's Halloween Emporium and it was set in Appleton, WI.
- 10/11/14 Episode: One of the players on the Hollywood
Game Night skit is introduced as being from Madison, WI.
- 5/4/13 Episode: In
the skit called Game of Game of Thrones, one of the questions
was "What is the capital of Wisconsin?"
- 2/22/1997 Episode: Weekend
Update with Norm MacDonald.
"In Wisconsin, students at Menomonie High School are desperately
fighting efforts by the politically correct to change their team
nickname, "the Indians." Already opponents of the name have
rejected the students' first compromise, "the Drunken Indians."
... They feel that's almost worse in a way, you know?" (submitted by Kyletall)
- There have been many other references to Wisconsin
over the years.
- Scandal (submitted
- A Russian spy explains that her cover story is that
she is from Wisconsin.
- Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated (submitted by
- Episode called "The Hodag of Horror"
referenced the legendary monster called Hodag from Rhinelander, WI.
- Scream Queens
- Episode 1: One of the girls talks about poop lagoons
on a diary farm in Wisconsin.
- Heather Graham as Dr. Molly Clock moves from Milwaukee
- Shameless (submitted
- Season 1, Ep 1: A characters mentions Wisconsin
- Season 1, Ep 3: A character mentions that an aunt is
in a nursing home in Wisconsin.
- Simpsons, The
- Episode called "Super Franchise Me" in 2014:
Mr. Burns is attracted to a two-dimensional standee and says she is from
the Wisconsin standees.
- Multiple references but one I recall is when Homer
says "In your face Milwaukee!"
- Sonny With a Chance
- Sonny Munroe (played by Demi Lovato) is
- Sopranos, The (submitted
- Season 2, Ep 11 (House Arrest): Tony's mother
calls Uncle Junior and asks if he heard that she had a stroke. Uncle
Junior replies, "Of course I heard. I don't live in Oshkosh."
- South Park
- Episode "Go Fund Yourself" (the Washington
Redskins episode). The Green Bay Packers' CEO Mark Murphy appears briefly
in the episode.
- Step by Step
- Set in Port Washington, WI
- Supernatural (submitted by i-am-sam)
- Season 1, Episode 3: Dead in the Water is set in Lake
Manitoc, WI (a fictional place).
- Season 1, Episode 18: set in Fitchburg, WI
- Season 2, Episode 2: set in Mishicot, WI.
- Season 2, Episode 12: investigate murders in
- Season 7, Episode 9: A map shows markers in Wisconsin.
- The set designer for the show, Jerry Wanek, is from
Wisconsin and that's why there are many references to WI throughout the
- Many cast members from Wisconsin
- Teen Mom 2 (submitted
- One of the dads wears a Wisconsin Grandpa tee shirt.
- That 70’s Show TV Series
- Set in Point Place, WI (a fictional city).
- Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (submitted by Kyletall)
- Season 3, Episode 32: "The Green Bay Packers
got in a fight with each other. BJ Raji shoved Haha Clinton-Dix...They
say it's the biggest scandal involving a BJ and Clinton-Dix since
- Season 5, Episode 130: "A new survey found out that Green Bay,
Wisconsin, is the drunkest city in the U.S. You can tell, 'cause no one in
Green Bay remembers answering that survey."
- Season 9, Ep 13: Daniel Tosh references Madison, WI
when talking about Frisbee golf.
- Episode 10/28/14: "Naked and Afraid" Web
Redemption mentions northern Wisconsin.
- Episode 5/17/14: During the "Perfect Game
Bowler" Web Redemption, Daniel refers to Milwaukee, WI.
- Trading Spaces show
- The original host is from Sun Prairie, WI
- Treme (submitted
- Season 1, Ep 2: Three people are listening to street
performers. The performers ask where they're from. They say they are from
Madison, Wisconsin and came down with their church group to help with the
- Season 6, Ep 6: They talk about how the Wisconsin
delegation is giving out cheesecurds.
- Season 5, Ep 7: Selina Meyer talks to the congressman
from WI again.
- Season 5, Ep 5: Selina Meyer talks to congressman
Jaeger from Wisconsin.
- Season 4, Ep 1: One of the characters talks about
"Fuel rods from Cheesedick, Wisconsin."
- Season 4: Ep 10: Wisconsin is referenced when CNN
reports results from the election.
- VICE (Documentaries)
- Surviving Alone in Alaska (submitted by Kyletall)
- Heimo Korth was raised in Appleton, Wisconsin before moving to Alaska. Only six families of white settlers were grandfathered in and allowed to keep cabins in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Heimo and his family are the only ones who still stay there year-round living off the land. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq0rZn8HFmQ
- Victorious (submitted
- Episode called "Blooptorius" references
Wisconsin. "People of the Earth and Wisconsin."
- Walking Dead, The (Added Feb 2017)
- Season 7, Ep 9: There is aWisconsin license plate in
the background in one of the scenes.
- The female lead in the show is a fan of the Brewers
and they watch a Brewers game.
- Wilfred talks about the Green Bay Packers and wears a
GB Packers shirt on the beach
- Lots of other WI references
- Season 3, Episode 1
- When Wilfred and Ryan travel to Sacramento, the
caretaker of the house they go to mentions vacation in Wisconsin.
- Season 4, Episodes 1-5 and Episodes 8-9
- The first 5 episodes of season 4 all mention
Wisconsin or the Brewers.
- Episodes 8-9 reference Sheboygan, WI
- Without A Trace
- Samantha Spade is from Kenosha, WI and called her mom
in Kenosha, WI during one of the episodes.
- Wire, The
- Guy wearing a WI t-shirt that says “Smell the
- Several episodes were set in WI.
- Young and the Restless, The - (submitted by
- Set in a fictional city called Genoa City, Wisconsin
- Note: Genoa City is an actual city in WI, but the
Genoa City in the TV show is fictional and not representative of the
actual city. (submitted by Thaddeus C)